The Love of Catherine

Looking into the world of relationships

Expecting more

Filed under: Uncategorized — ckim90 at 9:54 pm on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

True love.

I wonder if anyone has ever experienced it. I also wonder if its always a two way thing. Do both people have to love one another for it to be love? Or can a single sided crush be love as well? For instance; my best friend in high school. I was best friends with him since we were 14 years old. He was the only guy I could share my deep, dark secrets with. We first became best friends when I had to spend the night for Black Friday. I thought I wouldn’t be able to wake up at 5 in the morning so I decided to not sleep at all. Bored, I went on Hotmail Messenger and noticed that he was online. Just being acquaintances at the time, I messaged him.

He actually stayed up with me the whole night and went to sleep when I left for the mall. I honestly was so thankful to him. I really didn’t even expect to chat with him all night but we couldn’t stop talking. We were best friends from that moment on.

I dated his best friend when we were 16 and he was the shoulder to cry on every single time I went through different boys. But one day, he asked me why he wasn’t visible in my eyes. I had no clue what that meant but he confessed his 5 year love for me. Wow. The day we met at church was the day he began to like me. I had no idea but in my eyes, he was another girl friend. He was the one guy that knew my crazy personality, the things I wouldn’t show any other guy. But can his liking for me be categorized as love?

Love, in my opinion doesn’t have to be a two way thing. What he felt for me, I would never know, but he probably felt the happiness any other couple feels. Love, I learned, can be one sided. One person can experience happiness, sadness, fluttering of the heart, all the other emotions of love, while the other side can not even imagine the other person in that way. This is love. Unfair.

10

michelle

October 1, 2011 @ 8:15 PM

Love can be a one sided thing, but it’s not full and strong love. In order for it to be real and true love it needs to be from both partners, bc if one partner does everything in a relationship and the other one doesnt then that relationship becomes suffocating. and a crush is different from love in a big way.
i like reading your posts 🙂

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.